Magento is perhaps the most powerful e-commerce platform available; it offers developers a robust software development kit that can be used to create a wide variety of custom websites. Since its release in 2007, Magento has become the world’s most widely used e-commerce platforms, powering at least a quarter million websites and serving some very noteworthy clients that handle thousands of transactions each hour. Some of the service’s most notable clients include Burger King, which uses Magento for its franchise supply system, Coca-Cola, and the clothing retailers Zumiez and Osprey London.
Magento is not one product, but rather a suite of related software intended to cover every aspect of a business’s software needs. Its most commonly used offering is Magento Commerce, its e-commerce software for managing secure online shops, and some of its other products include modules for business intelligence, shipping calculation, social media integration, and inventory management. While Magento is most often used for consumer-facing online stores, its various modules could certainly be used to build software for brick-and-mortar establishments, business-to-business wholesale distributors, and even entirely new applications without precedent.
Magento offers a ready-to-use template for e-commerce called Luma, but the software is really oriented towards developers who can use its multitude of features to create custom web applications. For your business to get the most out of the service, considering hiring a Magento E-commerce Web Development Company like Weismann Web that has experience working with this powerful software.
Magento Web Development Services
Magento web development services can save your business a great deal of time, money, and stress. Magento offers the tools to create immensely powerful web applications, but they can be very intimidating to those who haven’t worked extensively with the software before. Developers are able to prove their competence with the software by taking one or more of Magento’s exams and joining their network of specialists; the most common certifications are Solution Specialist, indicating familiarity with common business applications; Front End Developer, proving experience with user experience and graphic design tasks; and Plus, which requires the highest level of knowledge with the system’s architecture. Through Magento’s website, customers can learn more about these qualifications and even check to see if their site’s developer has earned these certifications.
Magento Web Design
Magento offers a back-end architecture that’s easy to combine with different front-ends. Graphic designers and UI developers can exercise their full creativity and place virtually any display they’d like above a Magento system. This allows webmasters to explore all sorts of design templates that look great on any device, and develop one that displays all their business’s information in a way that’s intuitive for customers. A Magento web design company can ensure that your business has an interface you and your customers will love, and guarantee that your site runs smoothly on both desktop and mobile devices.
E-commerce Services to Drive Business
The most powerful aspect of Magento is that its back-end architecture can be used by programmers to build custom reports, automate certain operations, or design front ends. However, Magento’s large community of developers have already created extensions for virtually all common business tasks, and they collectively give Magento the most available features of any e-commerce platform. Some of these capabilities include:
– More payment gateways and checkout options. Magento offers support for over 20 payment gateways, ranging from the most popular – PayPal, Authorize.Net, Stripe, and Skrill – to some of the most obscure, such as BarclayCard and HSBC’s API. It also allows users to pay through several different alternative checkout sites, such as Google Checkout, PayPal Express, and Amazon Flexible Payments Service. No other e-commerce platforms offers anywhere near this many payment options.
– Integrated databases. Magento includes the MySQL and MariaDB databases, which can be used to store a wide variety of information that can be analyzed to create highly detailed reports, drawn on to maintain a mailing list, used to manage customer accounts, and more. All the information stored in these databases can be fully encrypted, allowing you to store customers’ private data without fear of hacking.
– Shipping integration. Magento can calculate an immediate shipping cost estimate for most popular shipping services, including UPS, FedEx, the US Postal Service, Canada Post, and DHL. It also includes a feature that customers can use to track their purchases’ shipping progress for most of these carriers.
– Support for international business. Magento includes many features that can help your business reach customers all over the world. The service connects you to numerous international shipping options and can provide an immediate cost estimate, and also helps businesses navigate international tax codes and regulations.
– Easily connects to social media sites. Magento allows users to connect with a variety of social media profiles very easily; integrating with Facebook requires just a few clicks. Many modern consumers spend hours a day using social media, and promoting businesses through these platforms is a cornerstone of modern marketing.
– “Instant Purchase” feature. Regular customers can have the option to store their payment information and billing address, giving them the option to check out in just seconds.
– Options for “omnichannel” integration. Administrators can define the exact relationship between their online and brick-and-mortar store, offering options like in-store pickup and marketing methods that focus on one facet or the other. Magento’s website notes that customers who arrive at a store to pick up something ordered online tend to spend more money while there.
– Support for downloadable content. If your business sells any sort of digital content, such as music, videos, e-books, or games, Magento makes it easy to host your files and sell them to downloaders.
– Integration with eBay. Magento gives administrators the option to cross-post their items on eBay, potentially providing them with a much wider audience.
– Easy automation. Magento includes features that make it easy to schedule temporary promotions, design changes, and other custom features on your site. Site administrators can use an intuitive calendar feature to trigger custom changes to the site at certain times. Other services are also simple to automate, including ordering supplies, email marketing campaigns, generating reports, and more.
– Powerful B2B support. While Magento is more than capable of creating sleek online storefronts, some of its most powerful features are designed to facilitate behind-the-scenes business-to-business transactions. It offers greater support than most of its competitors for bulk ordering, custom catalogs for groups of customers, options to offer contracts, support for price negotiations and quotes, and more.
– Customizable dashboard. Like everything else with Magento, the dashboard you’ll use as an administrator can be fully customized to ensure it’s exactly as you like it. Depending on the scope of your business, you may be using it for hours each day, so it’s important that you know where everything is and how it works. It’s also possible to manage multiple shops through the same dashboard.
– Thriving community. Magento users have a strong community both online and in person; they routinely share information through forums, blogs, and live conferences. Magento’s vibrant community discusses not only the platform itself, but also topics of interest to anyone involved in e-commerce, such as SEO, online marketing, and product development.
– Abundant support resources. Magento’s developers have published a large body of support materials, including an online knowledge base, numerous training courses, several books, countless how-to videos, and a regularly updated blog. If you’re ever having trouble with your Magento site, you won’t need to look too far for a solution.
These features only scratch the surface of Magento’s offerings. To help understand how all these services can help your business and to help arrange them into a user-friendly interface, it’s important to hire a qualified Magento Web development company like Weismann Web.
SEO Services for Magento
Magento offers virtually all the features needed to manage your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. It includes the ability to inspect inbound and outbound links, create a site map with XML, add meta tags, and publish content to an RSS feed. Magento’s SEO management tools can be used even by brick-and-mortar businesses seeking to measure their promotional site’s impact.
SEO is too important for modern businesses to ignore – as an increasing portion of consumers research all their purchases online, even very profitable organizations risk waning in popularity if they neglect to ensure their visibility on the internet. Hiring a Magento website development company can help ensure that your business has the greatest possible impact in search engines, and show you to actively manage its SEO by adding links, using targeted keywords in the site’s text and headers, and more.
Magento is one of the most powerful options available for e-commerce. Whether you run a simple online shop or a massive international corporation, Magento offers everything your business will need to thrive in the modern online economy. However, the software’s countless possibilities can make it difficult for amateurs to get the most out of the service. To ensure that your business has the best possible web platform for its goals, contact a Magento E-commerce Web Development Company like Weismann Web to learn about your options.